Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Method for brewing Loose Tea

At a recent trip to the wonderful Market District Giant Eagle they were sampling Masala Rooibus Chai tea and Morgan and I fell in love with it so I had to come up with a simple way to brew 2 cups with out the pieces you can get when you use a tea ball. This is the method I came up with...
We were blessed to happen upon a family moving and selling some items from their business and we bought their water cooler for less than 1/2 retail and it has hot and cold so I fill a 2 cup glass measuring cup with the hot water and add 2 teaspoons full of the loose tea
Let it brew for a few while you tuck a coffee filter in a 2 cup glass ball jar leaving the edges hang over
Hold the edges or use a rubber band and slowly pour in the tea- the tea will wick up the filter slowly and then hold it on for you
The key is to pour the tea in SLOWLY
Next just compost your filter with the tea, sweeten and I split it between the two of us and enjoy with some fresh cream of course!

No comments: