Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Saucey Sundays

I just love our Saucey Sundays. This Sunday we're having lasagna. We usually alternate between lasagna and noodles with meatballs but sometimes we make ravioli or stuffed shells. I try and go to Divine Liturgy on Saturday nights so that I can be working on our meal when Tommy is at church so that it's ready to eat when he gets home-my husband and I are both Christians but he is Anglican and I am Byzantine Catholic.
I'm hoping that we are making great memories for our children. When I was young I can remember going to my grandparents for Sunday Roast. It was so good and I'll never forget how wonderful their home smelled when we would walk in the door- if I hadn't spent the night there. I was lucky enough to spend most of my Saturday nights sleeping over at their house. I would go to Divine Liturgy with them Saturday evenings and then we would either go out for pizza at Jakes or go back to their house and play cards and she would make us dippy eggs and toast. I hope I can give my grandchildren the same wonderful memories. I was hoping our children would have that same experience but our parents have different lives than my grandparents did -they work and still have a parent to help take care of - and they still really enjoy their social life- which is fine- but I can't wait to have grandchildren sleeping over my house! Ok, I'll quit rambling and reminiscing now-lol.

No comments: