Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Homemade Peach Milk Keifr

Oh, so yummy!

Well, I finally got to try out my new milk kefir today after having the grains for a week.  A kind friend sent me some of her grains in the mail and I was in the hospital with Morgan when they arrived so I didn't get to do anything with them right away and I have been working with them for the past week.  They seem a bit pickier than my water grains with the temp in the house and it has been really hot here and we dont have whole house air which is causing a problem for me.  I have been moving them around from room to room when the air is on. They were culturing too fast without the air.  Finally today I got to flavor some and try it out and it is really good.  I froze a whole peach yesterday and then just ran it under water for a second and the skin peeled right off.  Next I cut it in to pieces and put it in a bowl with about 2 cups of kefir and some organic brown sugar and blended it with my new stick blender.  I'm very happy with how it came out. Yeah!

No comments: