Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Monday, September 24, 2012

Raw Milk Goodness

I love my raw milk. It took a long time for me to find it close enough but it was worth it. My guy is about 15-20 mins away and is certified ;). It took me a few years but I have developed a method that I love now. My husband can usually stop on the way home from work so I now send him with our empty spring water bottles instead of the glass jars I used to send. They come in a 1/2 case (3 bottle) cardboard box so it's easy for him to get 3 gallons and just carry them in the box. Now they don't tip over in the car and we don't have to worry about the glass breaking. Now when he comes home I empty one of them in a gallon glass pickle jar with the wide opening so that the cream rises to the top overnight and I can ladle it off in the morning. I use it for coffee or for butter. Next I pour the milk into my big glass measuring jar with the spout so that is is easy to pour into the plastic gallon jug. I have to repeat the process a few times but this way there is no waist from trying to get the milk from the wide mouth jar to the little opening of the gallon jug. Then I was out the glass jar and pour the next gallon in to let it separate.

No comments: