Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday Morning

Well, I'm staying on track so far.




This morning I made french toast for breakfast and tried something a little different. For the 2nd batch I added sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. I also used my vintage crank hand mixer to mix it up good instead of a fork and it came out really good. Next time I think I'm going to use my Trader Joe's Agave/Maple syrup blend in the mix. I love my cast iron griddle I got for Christmas last year. You can make 6 pieces at once. I cant see how any family over the size of 4 could be without one.
Now its 10:30 and since the baby was being so cooperative I have the Sweet Sausage ready for the oven, just need to add some sauce.



And the dough for the Calzones in the bread machine.

My family really likes having the menu up. And it gives me more incentive to stick to it because thats what they are expecting to get. I have painted my pantry/washroom door in my kitchen with chalkboard paint and thats were I put the menu and I added a basket thing from an old cupboard to put the weeks adds in.



UPDATE-

By noon my cooking for the day was done!
My pizza and calzones were coming hot out of the oven for lunch.





Love this pizza peel. Bought it at a yard sale - new in plastic with cookbook- for a buck lastyear.



And my sweet pepper sausage was baked- ready to reheat for dinner.

No comments: