Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Monday, March 22, 2010

Cheese Rosti- Potatoes

A friend made these and brought them to our homeschooling International Fair and they were soooo good. Its not often I find something everyone likes- and they all did. So I asked her to email me the recipe and here it goes.....
I'm going to give it a go tonight, I'll let ya know how they came out.

Cheese Rosti-

Ingredients:
6 large potatoes
6 tablespoons butter
8 ounces Swiss cheese, grated salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons hot water

Directions:
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, and let cool. Once cool, peel and grate potatoes.
2. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in large nonstick skillet, add a layer of potatoes and a layer of cheese, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Repeat layers. Dot each layer with remaining butter. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons hot water over the top layer, cover and saute at low to medium heat until bottom layer browns. Turn with spatula and brown again.

Okay, I made them and they turned out great except I baked mine in my castiron skillet instead of on the stove top The baby was very cranky and there is no way I could have done it but I have to say they were great that way so thats how I will make them from now on. I had the oven at around 375 and just kept checking them till they were browned enough.

No comments: