Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Friday, August 5, 2011

Homemade Peach Handpies

These came out so good.
Yesterday I got a bunch of white flesh peaches from a local farm-Simmons Farm- and they were so good but you can only eat so many fresh peaches before they go bad so I decided to made little peach Handpies rather than a big pie. I'm a big fan of crust I like about equal crust to filling. So anyhow I used my favorite crust recipe, rolled it into 5 circles, added the filling, flipped and crimpted them, brushed them with egg white and sprinkled with raw sugar. Oh they are so wonderful all the children loved them, even those who wouldn't normally touch a peach and complained I didn't make apple filling.
For the filling I boiled water and dropped in 5 peaches for a few mins then dropped them in cold water. The skins pealed off nicely. Next I pitted them and cut up, more like diced them so that you never had to bite through a peach slice in the filling- the kids liked that. Then I added some raw sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice and corn starch and gently stirred. When I put it in the dough/ little under a half cup- I added a few pieces of cut butter. Then just folded over, sealed and brushed as mentioned above. I baked at 400 for 10 mins then turned it down to 350 till slightly browned. I baked them on a stoneware cookie sheet with parchment paper. Easy clean up and no sticking.

No comments: