Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

French Onion Soup-So Yummy

I have had this lingering cold/throat thing going on for nearly a week now and it's really getting on my nerves so I have been juicing and today I made homemade French Onion soup. It was soooo good. I went to Trader Joes on Saturday and got a bag of sweet organic onions for only like $2.25 and a box of organic beef broth for $2.50 and 2 bags of cheese. One was Parmesan and the other was a mix of swiss and gruyere that I browned on top of the soup. Oh and I made homemade croutons out of focaccia from TJ's too. After it was all said and done I had a big pot of delicious, healthy, homemade French Onion soup for under $10.00 and it was so quick and easy to make. Actually the hardest part was the onion on my already painful watery eyes ;).

No comments: