Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Recipe Keeper/Binder Idea

I keep my favorite recipes in a three ring binder in clear plastic sheets to keep them protected. I started using this method a few years back and I love it. I got the idea when I was putting the girls homeschooling portfolios together. I have since seen that others do it  too. Over the last few years mine has grown from 1 book to three presently. One for baking, one for meals and I recently added one for culturing and soaking grains.

still having problems flipping pictures, sorry
Above is a picture of my binder and here are some reasons why I love it-
-I can just print a recipe I like, slip it into the protective cover and NOT loose it.
-I can sit at my kitchen table, on my couch, in my bed and leaf through it and pull out recipes I am going to use which is so much more convenient than marking pages and writing things down.  I'm thinking of starting a weekly, maybe biweekly, menu binder with recipes that I have pulled to be really organized.
-the protective sheets keep them clean-I'm a very good, but messy baker
-I can take the recipe and by using a magnet, stick it up on my stove hood so that it is easy to follow and this also helps keep me from dropping butter and flour on it.  Just make sure your flame cant reach it.  I usually only cook on one side of my stove for some reason so I keep it on the other side.  I also use a magnet to stick them to the fridge if I am using both sides of my stove.
-Your binder/binders can grow with your collection and interest
-I love pictures with my recipes so when I print them I print the picture or now that I am getting a little more computer friendly I make documents with my own recipes or modify recipes and add the pictures myself
-when a friend likes a recipe of yours its easy to take out of your binder and photocopy for them- I don't believe in hoarding a great recipe- you must share!

No comments: