Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Little Rant

My cuties before the scout meeting

Okay, so we took him next door to the scout meeting and the girls and I were sitting in the livingroom watching something on tv when I here something hitting the house.  So I get up and look out the window and two girls  who were maybe around 12, old enough not to throw rocks at peoples houses, were sitting up on the otherside of this tree you see in the photo throwing rocks down at the house!  There were two grown women standing up on the sidewalk to Mannys left in the picture who were just gabbing away.  Soooo, I open the door and say to the girls, "could you please stop throwing rocks at the house?"  to which they of course reply, "we're not."  Now I say, "yes, you were.  I saw you out the window."  (I'm holding up three rocks in my hand I picked up off the ground when I walked out.)  No reply, I go back in.
Time to go get Mason and Manny and I walk out and there are a bunch of rocks all over the sidewalk in front of the house.  The woman is getting in the car across the street with her kids so I walk over with Manny and say, "Excuse me, are those your girls?" to which she replies "yes" and I say "I  didn't mean to be mean but we take care of the property here (she says "OK" and I continue) "and if you hit a rock with the weed wacker or lawn mower it can fly out and break a window, it happened last year."  To which she says, "OK"  So at this point I'm really frustrated because I tryed twice to be kind and to give her a chance to apologize for her children throwing rocks at the house and not her or the girls admitted any wrong, she actually responded to me like I should be apologizing to her!  At that point I just said, "an apology would have been nice." and walked away in to the meeting.  Now I know kids will be kids and do things they shouldn't and even lie about it cause its easier than saying I'm sorry, that was wrong but for a mother- a grown woman- to first, ignore her children throwing rocks at a house, second to let them lie instead of saying that they should apologize and offer to pick them up and thirdly to not then apologize yourself is just plain rude.  Then to top it off they waited outside in their van for 10 mins. while I was getting Mason just so they could yell out the window at us, "don't worry, we won't be back!" and drive away.  How mature is that! 

No comments: