Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spag. Remake

So Yummy
 
My homemade "cream soup"
Ugh, look at those ingredients

We baked a whole organic chicken for dinner on Sunday and then yesterday I simmered the skin and bones (sounds better than "carcass" right?) to make bone broth.  So today we wanted PW Chicken Spaghetti but after I sent my husband out for the cream soup and Madison looked at the ingredients she said, "mom, can't we make this much better.  Look at what's in here!"  Yuck,  we have been trying so hard to eat healthy and I have no idea what some of that stuff is let alone the sources for the ingredients.  So we looked around Pinterest for the basics and came up with our own "cream soup" base using our homemade stock.  Sorry no measurements as we just were winging it but here's what we used-
real butter
real cream
sea salt
fresh garlic
fresh shallot
homemade free range chicken stock
pepper
Frontier natural season salt
King Arthur unbleached/unbrominated flour
It came out great!
Thanks for keeping me in line Madison.
Now I'm going to steam some organic broccoli on the stove since she also keeps me in line when it comes to using the microwave.  (I would ditch it but Tommy would never go for it and its just so darn temping there.)

No comments: