Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pumpkin Cookies- Yummy!



These are some of the best cookies and they are versatile.
I have added choc. chips, nuts and baked them in bar form when I was short on time.

Here it goes-

Preheat oven to 350.
I like to use parchment paper and I use either a cookie sheet or stonewear.

Cream together-

1 cup of butter, margarine or I like to use 1 stick of both- I use Smart Balance for the margarine.

1 cup sugar- I use raw sugar

then blend in -

1 egg

1 tsp. of vanilla

1 cup of pumpkin

sift in bowl-

2 cups plus 2 tsps of unbleached flour

and 1 tsp. each of-
baking soda, baking powder and cinnimon

and 1/2 tsp of salt

blend wet with dry and add chips or nuts if you like.

bake

The cookies pictured I made today and I tried something new. I made a nice icing for on top. I'm not one for measurement but I'll give ya an estimate

1/2 stick of butter softened
about 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
scant cup of powdered sugar?

mix all

cool cookies and put a dollop on top.

No comments: