Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Forgiveness Sunday/Sunday of Cheesefare

Today is Cheesefare Sunday in the Byzantine Catholic Church.  It is the last Sunday before the Great Fast.  I spent over 3 housr at church today and the only part I didnt totally enjoy was chasing Manny around for part of it.  We went to Divine Liturgy this morning and then this evening to Vespers.  If you have never been to Vespers you should come.  They are beautiful!  I just love hearing the Psalms sung and Father Jay has a wonderful voice.  I have often though about asking if I could record him so that when I cant make it I could listen at home.  I do have a cd of the Divine Liturgy but its just not the same as what I'm used to singing along with.   I am the only one of our family who has remained Byzantine.  The others have all switched to Roman Catholic which is beautiful also but I just LOVE the Eastern tradition. 
Instead of giving up something for the whole time I think I'm going to give something up   one week at a time and try doing something good  the whole time,  For example, this week I will give up meat the whole week and maybe dairy the next week but for the whole of Lent I will try to something good like read the children the bible everyday and try never to yell at them but lovingly correct them...quietly.  Is that possible???  I will try to remember to greet my hubby with a kiss and hug when he comes in the door even if I'm having a hard day.  That kind of thing. 
Anyhow, today is Forgiveness Sunday and I have asked my family to forgive me for the wrong I have done them this year and I would also like to ask forgiveness from anyone who is reading this that I may have wronged as well. 
 
 
 

No comments: