Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Whats Cookin? Kettle Corn

We love Kettle Corn but it is hard to find and very expensive so I found a recipe to make it at home which I doctored up a bit and we are loving it. Actually so is my extended family and they have requested it for Christmas this year so here are the directions-

First you need one of these for it to come out like Kettle Corn rather than Carmel Corn. Its called a Whirley Pop and I luckily found mine at my friends moms resale shop for a couple bucks






In to the Whirley Pop you put-
3 tablespoons of oil--I found the best is the Smartbalance- it just makes the taste the best
and 1/4 cup of organic popcorn- again I have tried cheaper but the organic kept in the fridge just seems to pop the lightest.





Turn heat on high, close lid and start cranken
when you hear the first pop hurry and dump in 1/4 cup white sugar- I have tried it with organic and it just doesn't work, I think its because there is still some molasses and it tends to brown.
Now it will stop popping for a min. when you dump the sugar in but just keep cranken- not too fast, not too slow- and it will start poppin again real fast for about 30 sec. to a min. and when it stops hurry and remove from heat.





Take off lid and dump on parchment lined cookie sheets (2).
Hurry and sprinkle with salt while still hot. It will cool very fast and the salt wont stick if you dont get it on fast.





With the parchment it doesn't stick, clean up is easy and you can pick it up with the popcorn on it and funnel it into a jar.

No comments: