Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Sunday, November 6, 2011

25 Ways That Parents Provoke Their Children to Anger

1. Lack of Marital Harmony
2. Establishing and Maintaining a Child-Centered Home
3. Modeling Sinful Anger
4. Habitually Disciplining While Angry
5. Scolding
6. Being Inconsistent with Discipline
7. Having Double Standards
8. Being Legalistic
9. Not Admitting You're Wrong and Not Asking For Forgiveness
10. Constantly Finding Fault
11. Parents Reversing God-Given Roles
12. Not Listening to Your Child's Opinion or Taking Their Side of the Story Seriously
13. Comparing Them to Others

This is the first half from the book Heart of Anger by Lou Priolo. I have had this book for years but just never got around to it but since I'm spending so much time laying around this is the perfect time to read it and really work on it. One of our children is especially angry and very defensive and I really want to help her with that and to help my husband and I correct in ourselves the things we need to correct to be the best parents and role models we can be. Now I just have to get him to read it too. Do you see yourself in some of the examples listed above? I sure do- see myself that is.

No comments: