Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Mandarin Orange and Almond Salad


A good friend made us dinner the other day, marinated pork tenderloin, cheesy potatoes, biscuits and this delicious salad.  I would have never even tried it when I was younger-oranges and spinach???- but I really would have been missing out. I love it!  I think she "candied" her almonds.  Thanks so much Julie!

MANDARIN ORANGE AND ALMOND SALAD
 
1/2 c. chopped almonds, toasted
6-8 c. mixed lettuce's
2-4 sliced green onions
1-2 cans (11 oz.) mandarin oranges, drained

DRESSING:

1/3 c. vegetable oil
3 tbsp. sugar
3 tbsp. vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
Dash of pepper
Dash hot sauce (optional)
1/2 c. chopped parsley (optional)

Refrigerate.

Mix all salad ingredients on individual plates or in large bowl.

Mix all dressing ingredients in shaker jar until blended. Pour over or toss into salad.

No comments: