Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, another birthday has come and gone. I turned 37 on Mothers Day. And surprisingly again I'm just fine with aging, dare I say even happy? I keep expecting to feel abit sad ever year when I wake up and I'm a year older and I don't. I can honestly say I just feel happy and thankful to God for the wondering family he has trusted me with and the life he has given me. What is there to be sad about. I have a wonderful husband, 5 beautiful children here with me and 2 more waiting and praying for us in Heaven, good health, enough to get by so I can stay home and raise and educate our children. Sure, I would still love that small family farm some day but it will come with God's grace and prayer if its meant to be. And I truly believe that so I'm at peace with it. Everything we have and don't have is a gift from God. Sometime its hard to keep everything in perspective and remember that. Just cause we want something doesn't mean its ours to have or that its good for us. Everything we have is a gift from God and we have to trust in him. Its hard, I'm not saying its easy at all. Especially when we know our friends and family may not always agree with the way we do things but just try and remember who will you answer to in the end? Not your friends, not your parents, not even your husband and certainly not the stranger at Walmart who not so kindly asks "Are they ALL yours?"
Looking back over my life and especially the last 12 years, every time I have trusted in Him we have been blessed. With each new child there has been a raise or promotion, just a lil more to help us get by. And we have been praying for a bigger home-right now we are in a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom- which we are thankful to have but our prayers have been answer by my husbands parish asking us if we would like to rent their large 5 bedroom 3 bathroom parish house since their Priest bought his own home. What a blessing!
Speaking of blessings, here's my lil guy teething on the tablecloth at Bravo. My friend Sue took Madison and I out there for our birthdays Friday night. She's another one of our blessings, she's so good to us.

No comments: