Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Friday, July 2, 2010

Fun Day at Kooser State Park

Wow, yesterday was a good day. We got up and went to Kooser State Park. Its only about an hours drive up the mountian and well worth it. It was a rare 65- 70 degree day here in July and we took advantage of it. The weather was just ideal. I wish it could be like that all year long. Slight breeze, partly cloudy and cool but warm enough to swim, just perfect.

My mom came with us since my hubby couldn't get the day off and I have to say the children couldn't have been any better. No whining, fighting or complaining. Oh, no begging for anythig either! I am so proud of them. And as a bonus my little guy slept the whole way up and the whole way back. That was such a blessing considering he screamed the whole ride back from Kennywood Saturday night for 35 straight minutes. Luckly it was just Mason and me in the car with him and not everyone else.

They swam and caught tadpoles along the shoreline. The tadpoles are so tiny and cute so now we are raising a few more that will be little frogs unlike the Bullfrog tadpoles we have been raising for 2 months. I'll blog about those little guys later. Or atleast I'll try too. They have been fun to watch grow.

Then to complete my good day, in our mailbox at home where 2 letters, one from our school district approving the girls portfolios for the year and our program for next year and the other from the PA Cyber school saying Marlee passed as well. Yeah! Another year of homeschooling approved by the state. I'm always pleased with what they do but here in PA you have to get their approval as well.






They all had fun collecting these tadpoles that were everywhere along the shoreline.




Morgan swam for a while but got chilly so she just hung out on the beach looking pretty.







Madison loves to swim and goes out as far as she can.




Mars swimming




Marlee taken a rest and warming up after swimming.




He's just so handsome!




This is Mason having fun on this cool rock structure play area.







This is my mom with Manny- I hope I look that good 20 years from now.




A rare picture of me with the Marlee and Manny- I dont like having my picture taken.



Manny on our walk. Can't you tell he's crawling now, he's poised and ready to go.




Veiws of the beach...






Lake view



The forest




Isn't this just beautiful? I just love ferns and moss and trees. I could live in a little cabin in the forest, bugs and all. If not a farm someday-so expensive- a little log cabin in the woods would be just as good to me! Thats my idea of a retirement home.




Mushrooms growing in the forest. If you look closely to the right you can see a little critters hole in the ground next to the tree. This is one of the many Oaks so there are acorns everywhere.



I just thought this was neat.





The pavilion close by



Fireplace inside




Put him up in the Ergo




All of 30 seconds later my babe was sacked up after a fun afternoon.


No comments: