Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Saturday, July 17, 2010

What a week

Sickness has overtaken our house this week. It started with me waking up and thinking it was allergies but I soon realized I had a summer cold. Manny and Tommy got it too. Then the dog had some kind of stomach problem and lastly I ended up with a breast infection. It started yesterday evening. I was really dizzy, felt the lump and came down with a fever and the chills very fast. So when my hubby got home from work I was under the covers with goosebumps, shivering in 90 degree weather. Then I started vomiting. I don't think in 12 years of nursing I ever had one this bad. I couldn't even stand up straight or go up and down the stairs. I felt like I wasn't all there like when I got my knee operation and they sent me home with these really strong painkillers and after taking one I said to Tommy, `"There is no way I can take these and be home alone with four children." I am so thankful I have a good husband and I don't have to try and deal with stuff like this alone. I felt so bad I don't know what I would have done without him. My girls were really helpful as well. And my mom was kind enough to help this afternoon by picking me and Manny up- there was no way I could drive- and letting me rest there while she played with the baby.
Well, I;m off to take my antibiotic before I go to sleep. I really didn't want to have to get them but I didn't want to end up with an abscess.

No comments: