Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Friday, May 18, 2012

Memory Lane.....

Marlee wasn't due till June be decided to come to us weeks early instead. When she was born in the hospital hot tub- only cause they couldn't drain the water and get the door off fast enough- which I was happy about, easiest birth yet on my body, I held her and nursed her in the tub for a bit and she was fine. Then they took her for the usual
stuff they do and my husband went along with them. Well, they weren't coming back and I was starting to get concerned then finally they came to tell me that they were watching her breathing and they didn't like how she was laboring for breath so they were going to fly her down to Childrens. Needless to say I wasn't too happy about that and they didn't want me to go till the morning, so I got to say goodbye and they put my new little girl in the helicopter and she flew away. My dad drove my husband down to be with her. I have to say, even though I was sad about it I always felt at peace with it because I just knew she was going to be fine. So I spent the rest of the night writing birth announcements. The next week was really hard. Since Marlee was intubated and couldn't nurse yet I spent more time home with Madison and Morgan- who just turned 4 and 2 at the time and were used to me always being home with them but as soon as tue tube came out and Marlee could nurse I didn't leave her.
That first week of her little life is still a blur of running back and forth to Pittsburgh, missing her, missing my other girls, feeling bad for the other when I had to leave but being happy to see the other, not much sleep, missing my husband because he was usually where I wasn't and a whole lot of praying for our family and for the others there because Marlee looked like such a happy, healthy baby compared to many others there, some who had been there weeks or months and some who would never make it home.

No comments: