Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pizza Crust Recipe

This is from To Your Health Sprouted Flour Co.

1 cup plus 3 tablespoons water
3 Tablespoons olive oil
3 cups sprouted flour (wheat or spelt works best or I like a combo of both)
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon honey
1 packet dry active yeast
2 tablespoons of dried herbs (I dont use any)

Place all ingredients in a food processor (or mixer) and mix well.  Continue to blend for about 2 mins.  Let dough rise for bout hour.   Remove dough and spread with fingers on sheet or stone.  Let rest 15-20 mins.  Top and bake at 450 for about 12-15 mins. 
I heat my pizza stone up first for about an hour and then slide on the prepared pizza from a cookie sheet that was lined in parchment and bake on stone on parchment.
This makes a big, heavy pizza, I have even made it into 2.



As you can see by this last pict that this was the first time I made the pizza and even though I had cornmeal on the pizza peel it is soooo heavy it stuck when I went to slide it on the heated stone and I was so angry I almost just grabbed it, rolled it in a ball and tossed it but I was so happy I didn't and that I saved it best I could cause it was so wonderful and all, ALL the children liked it too and they are not all fans of homemade pizza!

No comments: