Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Friday, June 22, 2012

Mini Bacon Wrapped Meatloafs

Wonderful!!!
Just made meatloaf like I normally would and made them small and wrapped them in Applegate Natural Sunday Bacon sprinkled with a touch of maple sugar. They were wonderful and cut like butter, even the bacon. The potatoes, carrots and onions were cut small and mixed with a bit of oil and ketchup first for flavor.

Ok, so here's an idea of how I usually put together a meatloaf, these are guestiments since I dont ever measure for meatloaf.

1 lb of grass fed beef
1 lb of grass fed veal
2 eggs
1/4 cup of Panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup of an shredded cheese I have/like available
1/4 cup of some sort of tomato sauce/ketchup/pizza sauce/tomato soup
splash of milk or cream
salt
pepper
mama garlic
onion powder
parsley
whatever seasoning your family likes
If I have cottage cheese I like to toss some in too
I used to mix by hand but have started using my kitchen aid to mix it just till its blended, you dont want to over do it, kind of like muffin batter.

I really liked it better as small, personal loaves instead of one big one and so did the rest of my family.  I cooked it in a low 320 degree oven for over 2 hours while we went swimming then came home and uncovered it and turned the oven up to 400 for about 15 mins. 

I wrapped them all in 2 slices of bacon then sprinkled with maple sugar because we love maple bacon but I didn't have any.

THIS recipe is awesome and I'm going to try it mini-style soon.

The girls think THIS mac n cheese should be the side dish next time and I agree.


No comments: