Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Pioneer Womans Coffee Cream Cake

THIS cake is so YUMMY!  We have made it twice now and I am not one to alter the Pioneer Woman's awesome recipes but for our family we made one small change to this one.  We double the cake recipe only, cake only.  Not the filling or icing.  See, we are cake lovers here and I personally think the recipe made as is has too much filling and icing so this time when we made it I doubled the cake and used 1/2 the cream in one and 1/2 the cream in the other and same for the icing.  It turned out wonderful for us and we froze the 2nd cake for a later date.  My one mistake, and I knew this was going to happen but I did it anyway :(, was I didn't wait till the second cake was cool enough to fill and ice it so it totally fell apart but we saved it and made it into wonderful cake balls- we didn't have any sticks for cake pops. 

This is what is left of the crumbled cake, we ate some and it was so yummy.
We turned it into these.  Madison rolled them and Morgan and I dipped them in white chocolate bark and added so sprinkles and stuff to them.

Here is the cake that didn't fall apart :)

I sliced it and lined the slices with parchment paper and froze the slices in a glass dish.

Ready to defrost and eat. 

No comments: