Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Kit's Waffles




The kids really like these waffles. The recipe is from the American Girls Kits Cooking Studio-

Sift-
1 1/2 cups frour
1/3 cup cornmeal
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
add in 1/2 cup rolled oats
set aside

in another bowl-
2 cups milk- I use buttermilk if I have it
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
set aside

separate 3 eggs and add the yolks to the milk mixture then add 1/3 cup oil. Add to flour mix- dont over mix

beat egg whites till stiff and then fold in to batter- dont over mix.

cook in waffle iron.

Makes about 12-14.

I stack the extras between parchment or wax paper and freeze them. I actually like them better reheated it the toaster oven because they get a bit crispy.

I have sprinkled in mini chocolate or cinnamon chips before and thats really good too!

No comments: