Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pumpkin hats


Isn't this cute? I made it for my new baby. Hopefully he'll be here in time to wear it. I cant actually knit. I wish I could. I have tried to learn from youtube but I'm left handed and the best I can do is cast on. Cant get any further than that. I made this hat using the knitting circles they sell at craft stores. Super easy to use. My 11 and 9 year old daughters have made hats too. I found my 4 ring set at the Goodwill for only $6.00, beats the $20.00 they cost at the craft store. I have been looking for the set to make blankets and scarves but haven't had any luck. I might have to breakdown and pay the price at the craft store but I'm waiting till they have a 40% off coupon.
I needlefelted on the leaf and stem. I really enjoy needlefelting. The whole hat only took about 2-3 hours in this newborn size. The girls have enjoyed making them for there American girl dolls because this small size doesn't take forever but one their size does take over double the time.

No comments: