Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Are You Gluten Free?

If so, did you know this little piece of information?  I didn't.  I'm new to all of this but what I just read really upset me.  Ok, so gluten is the main protein in wheat and it effects your blood sugar among other things and a side effect is weight gain, especially around the middle(visceral fat) so to avoid this I went out and bought 2 different brands of GF bread I have been using Pamela's GF baking mix and they both have starches in them as replacements and these starches are worse for your blood sugar than the gluten.  These starches are- corn, rice, potato, or tapioca.   You can read more about this in the book Wheat Belly on pages 72-74.   Anyhow, I did find that Pamela's bread and flour mix doesn't have these so now I'm going to give it a try.  I'll let ya know how it is.


Ingredients

Sorghum Flour, Tapioca Flour, Sweet Rice Flour, Brown Rice Flour, Organic Natural Evaporated Cane Sugar, Chicory Root, White Rice Flour, Millet Flour, Honey and Molasses; Rice Bran, Sea Salt, Xanthan Gum, Yeast Packet.

No comments: