Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Paleo Coconut Cake Recipe

Just out of the oven

With icing and a candle

Manny loved blowing out the candle
Morgan's birthday is a few days away-a true leap year baby February 29, 2000- and we did a trial on this Coconut Cake recipe and it was so yummy.  I cut the recipe in half to try it and I wish I made the whole thing.  The girls loved it too.

I copied it from a cook book my friend brought down Friday and I can't remember the name-I think its Make it Paleo: Over 200 Grain Free Recipies For Any Occasion by Bill Staley- but I will give them credit for it when I find out.  Recipe below is not halved but the full one.

Coconut Cake-

3/4 cup of coconut flour, sifted
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
10 eggs
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup pure maple syrup-not pancake syrup
1 cup melted coconut oil
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut

Sift together first three ingredients
Mix-eggs.vanilla, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil
Add dry to wet and blend till smooth then stir in shredded coconut

Pour in 2 greased 9 inch pans

Bake at 325 for 35 mins. or till tests done

I iced mine with a frosting I made of cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar.  I wanted to try and make powdered sugar out of some maple sugar I have but am just too darn tired with this cold to try it today :(

No comments: